LEAK-SEEK® and LEAK-DETEX® Gas Leak Detection Fluid
LEAK-SEEK® and LEAK-DETEX® are professional grade gas leak detection fluid products for use on pressurized or compressed gas lines, fittings, valves, tanks or connections, including natural gas, air, propane, butane, oxygen, helium, hydrogen and refrigerant gases. Abbey Products’ formulations are extremely sensitive water-thin liquids that can be brushed or sprayed onto a potential leak area. Large gas leaks produce bubbles, while small gas leaks cause foaming – leaks that likely cannot be detected with soap. LEAK-DETEX® contains no ethylene glycol so it is non-toxic and environmentally friendly.
Gas Leak Detection Fluid Features
- Ultra-sensitive to low pressure, minute leaks with bubbling in less than 5 seconds;
- Tested safe with oxygen in accordance with Mil. spec. MIL-L-25567;
- Wide service temperature range;
- Longer adhesion – fluid stays on surfaces longer, good for use on vertical surfaces and horizontal pipes;
- Economical – gas leak detection fluid saves gas and labor;
- Use on metal or polyethylene pipes and fittings as outlined in ASTM test D-1693;
- Bubble size indicates gas leak rate;
- Non-toxic and environmentally friendly “green” products available;
- Packaging from 16 ounce bottle to 55 gallon drum;
- Pre-mixed and ready to use;
- Field proven consistency with decades of successful use.
Gas Leak Detection Fluid Applications
LEAK-SEEK® and LEAK-DETEX® gas leak detector fluids are suitable for these uses:
- Gas utilities
- Refrigeration systems
And in the following test applications:
- Pipes (metal or plastic)
The Need for Gas Leak Detection Fluids
Compressed gas leaks can result directly from vibration, chemical activity, corrosion, or mechanical flaws. Slow leaks from small defects or vibration can be dangerous, expensive, frustrating, time consuming, or lead to a reputation for poor quality and service. Further, soap has been proven to be ineffective in detecting gas leaks, particularly small leaks. LEAK-SEEK® and LEAK-DETEX® are important and effective leak detection tools that fill this need, as both products are engineered with proprietary materials to provide incredible sensitivity in finding small gas leaks in industrial compressed gas pipe and pipe fittings. LEAK-SEEK® and LEAK-DETEX® are both available in freeze protection formulas.
Technical Properties of LEAK-SEEK® and LEAK-DETEX® Gas Leak Detection Fluids
Contact Abbey Products for technical information.
Available Products and Sizes
LEAK-SEEK® and LEAK-DETEX® products are available in the following container and case sizes:
- 1 pint (16 oz.) brush bottles, 12 per case
- 1 pint (16 oz.) spray bottles, 12 per case
- 1 gallon bottles, 4 per case
- 5 gallon pail
- 55 gallon drum
Contact Abbey Products for further information on packaging, technical information and MSDS.
Instructions for Use of LEAK-SEEK® and LEAK-DETEX® Gas Leak Detector Liquid
This specially engineered liquid can be use with brush or spray application. Use as follows:
- Clean surfaces to remove contaminants.
- Spray or brush gas leak detection fluid onto fitting or pipe.
- If present, leak will begin bubbling or foaming within 5 seconds.
- Bubbling will continue for about 2 minutes.
Contact Abbey Products – Your Gas Leak Detection Fluid Manufacturer and Supplier
Click Here to Contact Abbey Products or call toll free at 1-877-9ABBEY9 for further assistance with your professional grade gas leak detection fluid needs.